Get to Know our School
Monarch River Academy provides a flexible personalized learning experience, empowering families to tailor a program designed around the specific needs of each student. In collaboration with highly qualified credentialed teachers, students engage in diverse and dynamic learning pathways and unparalleled enrichment opportunities to achieve personal and academic success.
The mission of Monarch River Academy is to increase student academic success in an independent study program through mastery of California standards by building strong partnerships between parents, teachers, and the community that focus on the development of a personalized, rigorous educational plan and integrated measurements of student achievement.
Monarch River Academy will foster wholistic education through rigorous academics; social-emotional growth; and collaborative community so our students become innovative, analytical, and responsible leaders.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
At Monarch River Academy, we have goals for our students that are known as Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs). SLOs are a part of our school culture: they reflect our school vision, the College and Career Readiness standards, and the education of the whole child.
Monarch River Students Are:
- Navigators of the Digital World - Navigators of the digital world who are proficient in the use of technology, media, and online resources.
- Self-Directed - Self-directed and motivated students who are able to set attainable goals to achieve academic success.
- Personalized Learners - Personalized learners who are able to thrive in the style of education that best fits their individual needs.
- Independent Critical Thinkers - Independent critical thinkers who have the ability to problem solve, take ownership, and apply their knowledge to a variety of problems.
- Responsible Citizens - Responsible citizens who demonstrate integrity and respect while actively seeking knowledge of local and global issues.
- Effective Communicators - Effective communicators who can thoughtfully articulate their thinking with confidence while collaborating with peers.