Concurrent Enrollment - Monarch River Academy
Skip to main content

Credit Conversion

Community College Units High School Credits
1 unit 2.5 credits
1.5-2.5 units 5 credits
3 units or more 10 credits

*If a student is awarded less than 1 unit at the community college, then we will issue the same amount of credit in high school. For example, if a student completes 0.5 units at a community college, then we will award 0.5 credits on the high school transcript.

Process to Enroll

  1. Family picks a community college and fills out the college’s concurrent enrollment form.
  2. Family submits the concurrent enrollment form to their high school counselor.
  3. The high school counselor reviews community college course(s) and determines which high school graduation requirements will be fulfilled, how many units will transfer over to the high school transcript, and whether ‘a-g’ requirements will be met.
  4. The high school counselor signs the concurrent enrollment form and returns the form to family with directions for next steps.
  5. Student enrolls in college course(s).
  6. In order for the community college course(s) to be added to the high school transcript and count towards high school graduation requirements, the following steps MUST be completed:
    1. Family provides proof of enrollment to the HST and counselor by the high school’s add/drop deadline.
    2. Family must sign Master Agreement Addendum.
    3. Family must provide work samples for each Learning Period.
    4. Once final semester grades are posted, please submit official transcripts to the Records Department so that the grade can be added to the high school report card. The report card will show an “Incomplete” grade until official transcripts are received. Families can order paper or digital official transcripts.

Please mail all official transcripts to:

Monarch River Academy
Attn: Records – CC Transcripts
1773 W. San Bernardino Road, B46
West Covina, CA 91790


Please email official digital transcripts to the Records Department:

*If you have any questions, please contact your high school counselor. Please notify your counselor if there are any changes made to the community college schedule.

Interested in enrolling now or do you have questions? Let's connect!
Interested in enrolling now or do you have questions? Let's connect!